- 09-Jan-2017 to 03-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Human Resources
- Portland, OR, USA
- $59,850 - $77,850
- Regular - Full-Time
At OMSI, our mission is to excite children and families about learning, experimenting, and exchanging ideas to stimulate informed action. We aspire to a workplace that allows our people to do their best work in a culture that reflects OMSI's values and delivers on our mission. To achieve those goals, the Director of Organizational Development and Diversity reports to the President/CEO and works closely with senior leadership to set and align strategy for increasing staff diversity and enhancing the experience of working at OMSI. Directs the design, implementation, training and evaluation of OMSI-wide learning initiatives and practices to facilitate professional development and continuous learning for staff from diverse backgrounds, ages and stages. Leads coordinated approach to increasing staff diversity and identifying and removing barriers to equity and inclusion. Coaches and develops management skills and capabilities and develops emerging leaders to achieve OMSI's strategic goals. Fosters a collaborative culture that invites and values diverse perspectives at all levels. Directs strategies and programs to enhance employee and volunteer engagement and performance across all aspects of human resources and volunteer management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters:
- Plans, develops and directs results driven organizational development strategies to effectively develop, recruit, train and retain a diverse and talented workforce.
- Designs and implements strategies to achieve OMSI's equity and diversity goals through community engagement, recruiting and hiring practices, performance coaching, and cultural competency training.
- Models and fosters development of interpersonal relationships that build trust among staff at all levels.
- Reinforces OMSI's Management Competencies; cultivates a culture of shared learning about management and leadership.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and Marketing to produce and coordinate staff communications that are consistent with OMSI's values and reinforce desired organizational culture.
- Develops, advises, and participates in communities of practice (e.g. Diversity Work Group; Rewards and Recognition Committee; Volunteer engagement) and specific initiatives to create a great organizational culture consistent with OMSI's values.
- Coaches individuals and their managers on the design of professional development and succession plans that support personal and organizational growth for employees at all ages and stages.
- Directs data collection and analysis about staff experience to inform decision making.
- Directs and/or advises on the design of policies, practices, and operational systems to ensure that they reinforce organizational values and culture.
- Direct supervision of the Human Resources and Volunteer Services Manager II; oversees management functions of human resources and volunteer programs to create an integrated approach to talent management and organizational development.
- Develops and oversees the annual budget for Human Resources and Volunteer Services, in collaboration with Human Resources and Volunteer Services Manager II.
- This position is exempt, paid salaried
- This position is regular full-time, scheduled for 40 hours/week.
Physical Demands: 80% Sitting 15% Standing 5% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 10 Pounds
- Vision requirements include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth and perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus).
- Noise level is moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Assume other tasks, responsibilities and projects as assigned by the President/CEO
- Demonstrated experience and background in organizational development, cultural competency, and change management.
- Demonstrated experience and background in increasing and sustaining workforce diversity.
- Ability to think strategically at the organizational level and tactically at the project level.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with people with diverse talents, perspectives, ideas and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership and with middle management to design and implement integrated approach to talent management and organizational development.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, build coalitions of support and manage cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to design and direct or deliver training in aspects of organizational development and change.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and appreciation of diverse styles, professional stages and abilities.
- Demonstrated business management and analytical skills, including budget management and data analysis, drawing conclusions, and creating plans to address gaps.
- Excellent management skills consistent with OMSI's Management Competencies.
- Knowledge of HR principles and functional areas including, working knowledge of laws and regulations of employment practices and procedures.
- Experience in survey design using Survey Monkey or similar survey instruments
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or a related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive management experience, including staff management, project management and budget responsibility;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in organizational leadership in administration and program development
- Experience in organizational development in a value-driven, non-profit organization
Additional Requirements/preferences; including Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver's license
- Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background and reference checks
- Professional in Human Resource (PHR) certification
- Professional certification in education or training
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs:
- Share this Page